Hays is looking for a Risk Officer for a client specialised in financial services.
The risk team covers the management oversight of the client's risk profile including risk frameworks, policies and challenge processes.
The primary function of the role is to support, under the supervision of the CRO, the oversight of investment risk / client risk across the Company’s Wealth Management offering (including insurance products). The second priority is the oversight of operational risk.
You will be expected to focus on the development and implementation of the Risk Frameworks, working closely with colleagues in the 1st Line and 2nd Line of Defence.
It is a six-month renewable contract and you can start as soon as possible.
- Assist in the development, implementation and oversight of the risk management framework.
- Assist the development, implementation and monitoring of effective risk management. • Promote the Risk Culture in the Company.
- Assist and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, monitoring, effectively managing and reporting pertinent risks that could interfere with a company's core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business.
- Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of initiatives with risk appetite framework and limits.
- Prepare risk reports and presentations for Risk Committees, identifying and implementing any areas for improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders in 1st and 2nd Lines of Defence.
- Assist with the coordination of the colleagues from 2nd and 3rd lines of defence any ad-hoc escalation of material issues to senior management.
- Develop and maintain a strong external professional network to keep abreast of external developments and ensure they are introduced to the organisation as and when appropriate.
- Master’s degree in finance / economics or similar fields.
- 5 years of experience with risk monitoring in private banking / wealth management (in banks or investment companies).
- Experience as a qualified risk manager in portfolio management.
- Awareness of market standards and practices around risk management function.
- Good knowledge of Internal Governance and other regulatory frameworks, MiFID II in particular.
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines whilst managing multiple workstreams in parallel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all stakeholders (wealth/asset managers, senior management, back office, client administration...).
- Fluent French and English (Dutch or German will be considered as an asset).
- Proficiency in MS suite, especially in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solution-focused mindset