Hays is looking for an Application Engineer SWIFT (M/F) for one its client in the financial sector.
You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis for the Swift component and GTX application.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct and implement new requirement received by the Business team on end-to-end : Document and Manage implementations, choice of technical solution implementation of the solution in TST / PROD, ensure proper functioning and post implementation monitoring.
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing…) with our infrastructure provider • Work in close collaboration with our IT providers and specially their IT Process team.
- Implement, integrate and support third party software received by the external supplier and ensure proper interfacing with existing IT services.
- Support the production environment 24/7 and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
- Analyze problems, resolve issues and perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
- Create and update all documents and cartography related to applications and their supporting systems on the CMDB.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Equivalent to the completion of at least 2 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar position in the banking or financial sector
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as
o Linux, AIX
o Oracle, SQL o Kornshell, Powershell, Pyhton, Perl, PL SQL,
- Knowledge on SWIFT application is mandatory
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Communication Skills in French and English (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Agile & Devops enthusiastic
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Effective time management
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
- Willingness to work weekends as required