Hays is looking for a technical cloud architect for one of its client in Luxembourg.
Your key responsibilities
Providing system support for infrastructure hardware running Windows operating systems and administration tools for storage and backup operations.
Coordinating changes in this area of systems by using ServiceNow IT Service Management tool ensures planning, execution, and documentation of system changes. As an example, the server uptime meets the defined Service Levels, and any requested changes are made with due diligence and clear roll back plans.
Help create strategic technical architectural approaches for clients, addressing data, application, infrastructure, integration, security, and business architecture.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of solutions for various local project and operational needs.
- Install, configure, maintain, and perform administrative tasks on IT infrastructure and business applications.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Experience ideally in Azure Cloud Platforms and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures.
- Understanding of Azure SQL Database, Synapse, Databricks, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, and Docker.
Operations and Support
- Manage and operate the local datacentre facilities and associated Hardware and Software as well as the Azure Cloud Platforms.
- Perform daily system and security monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of all systems and key processes.
- Manage daily backup operations, ensuring data retention and integrity requirements are met.
- Perform regular data management tasks such as provisioning Network shares and Quotas.
- Supervise correct operation of automated identity and access management.
- Provide Tier II and III support. Investigate and troubleshoot issues escalated from on-site services and application support teams.
- Provide support and coordinate changes with global application and infrastructure teams.
- Other technical support tasks as assigned.
- Upgrade and configure firmware, operating systems, and software and business applications.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures and documentation.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Day to day management, guidance, and oversight of a multi-functional team responsible for Data centers.
- Manage scope, documenting pro's / con's, benefits, implications, and recommendations for review/approval by Leadership Team.
- Ensure full- and correct-time capture on a weekly basis for all project and administration work to allow effective top-level reporting.
What we look for
- The top performer should have the following qualities:
- Strong analytical ability in supported core technologies for large user bases.
- Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to deal efficiently with complex, critical escalations, and difficult situations under pressure.
- Strong team working skills but also able to work alone.
- Ability to participate in conference calls, explain and defend complicated concepts.
- Ability to coordinate multitasking work performed by several individuals.
- Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Fluent in speech and writing (English is required, French & German are considered an asset).
- 3+ years of experience in a position of IT System Administrator in a large enterprise.
- Proven knowledge in: Azure Cloud Platforms.
- Proven knowledge in: Network concepts, VMWare, VxRail and virtualization technologies, Microsoft Solutions such as Windows Operating Systems and Active Directory.
- Sound knowledge of MS SQL administration.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange.
- Knowledge of Veeam 10 is considered an asset.
- Familiar with PowerShell and batch scripting.
- Knowledge of DellEMC Hardware such as PowerEdge Servers and VNX Storage arrays is an asset.
- Familiar with ITIL methodology, especially Incident and Change management.
- Excellent technology troubleshooting skills.
- Curious, passionate for IT and self-learner.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A degree in Computer Science/Management or a related discipline, plus an industry accreditation or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of working experience will be considered instead of degree.
- Communicative personality.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Self-supporting and independent attitude.
- Stress resilient, flexible, has team spirit and is solution oriented.