For reinforcing it's Information Technology team, Hays is currently looking for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) ENGINEER for one of his client.
It's an internal position in a Banking Company. This business is evolving in a streamlined, yet dynamic and agile fashion, Information Technology plays a key enabling role.
The position’s mission is to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. We provide Data Management and Business Intelligence services, based on best practices and market leading BI tools, for regulatory reporting, risk management, sales & performance measurement and customer insights.
The position offers the opportunity for interaction and exposure to stakeholders in all Bank units and external suppliers, aiming to understand business needs and operations, involve appropriate resources and propose solutions that will increase the operational efficiency of the Bank.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in, or even lead, the delivery of innovative large-scale BI solutions
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand business needs and provide subject matter expertise
- Produce functional specifications, design & build ETL routines and data structures to augment the Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Design and build BI reporting models & artifacts for information visualization and reporting
- Conduct data discovery activities, perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
- Prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines
- Maintain the database landscape and work on improving performance and efficiency of current processes
- Experience: >7 years in IT / BI project implementation for a banking environment (ideally private banking)
- Hard skills:
o Microsoft SQL Server (at least 2008 R2) including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI
o VBA for Excel scripting
o Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse and Multi-Dimensional databases design
o Advanced SQL programming skills and solid experience in high-performance ETL process design (Data Transformation Services, Integration Services)
o Microsoft SQL Server administration (at least basics)
o Oracle administration will be considered an asset
o Windows and batch Scripting
o Programming knowledge (.NET platforms, VBA) will be considered an asset
o Knowledge on tools like SPSS, SAS etc. will be considered an asset
o Ability to engage at all levels of the organization
o Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
o Capable for multitasking with excellent communication skills
o Team player
Click to apply ! #1317581